Friday, September 25, 2009

Lazy Day

Today was a lazy day for us. It was rainy, and cool, and we hadn't had much sleep last night, between both babies, so when Michael and Elyana woke up at 5:30 I woke up with them, and let Steve sleep, then both babies went back to sleep at about 8:30, so I went back and laid down, and Steve let me sleep till about 10:30. Woohoo!

I managed to get most of my coupons out of the accordian file, and into my baseball card holders, and is it ever easier to find them now! I let Gabe and Virginia go play in the mud. They came in black, so Steve rinsed them first, then we let the water finish going down the tub, and rinsed it, then gave them a bath. :) fun fun!

We had my version of Chipotle for dinner. I marinated the chicken yesterday, and grilled it today, with rice and lime (bummer we were out of . Black beans (which I made a huge pan of the other day, and the rest of them are safely in the freezer) While we ate, I finished making the tortillas, made some baby food for Michael. Rice, black beans, avocado, and cantelope, mixed berries, apple and yogurt. it's freezing right now, then I'll pop it into freezer bags and label it later.
We bought 2 bushels of apples the other day, so now the plan is to go to Tony and Leah's (some good friends of ours) and make applesauce in the morning, and then at 10:30 Gabe and Gini are going to do the preschool screening. We are homeschooling, but I thought it would be nice to see where they are at.
So, we are going to bed now, an early morning, getting up with Steve and getting him off to work, then getting everything packed up to go! Busy, but fun. :)
What are your weekend plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers