Saturday, July 18, 2009

Recent Happenings

We have been very very busy recently. We've been looking for a new place to rent, preferably one that is cheaper than what we have now, but that has a backyard, and that we could plant some veggies in. We found it!! We're so excited. The floors are all laminate, so no carpeting the worry about, the backyard is all ours. The best part?? There's a very old upright piano in the garage! The landlord was going to leave it if I wanted it, so hopefully he did. It's beautiful. We get to plant some veggies in the old flower gardens. I'm not good with flower gardens, and they're a lot of work when I can be working on something that produces something useful. I'm not a flower person anyway.

I am also in the process of making cloth diapers and covers for our babies! I have a pattern that I am going to make some AIO (All in ones), some pockets and covers, and I also learned how to knit off the internet the other night, so I am about half way done with my very first, wool diaper cover! I missed a couple stitches here and there, but all in all, I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

We are also preparing for our two week trip to Michigan. We are so excited to go, and that the Lord has given us such a long vacation time! Then, when we get back, Steve will be on his week of nights, then we are moving to the new place! So busy, yet so exciting! Plus, I have material on the way for those diapers! Yikes!! So much to do, and also taking the children, and exploring so much.

Elyana is saying so many words this week, I don't even know which ones were her first! She says dog, she just said "Bah!" for bye tonight, for the first time, She was trying to say hippo, with the Little Einsteins movie. Oh! now I remember, she said baby a month or so ago. That truly was her first word, aside from the momma and dada. Of course she said dada first 'cause she's a daddy's girl and all. I just started last night putting her in her bed to sleep instead of holding her. I figured I would do it when Steve is on nights as he doesn't handle the crying very well, and.....so far, she likes it. I thought she would, as she was starting to fight us trying to get comfortable to sleep, and Gabe did the same thing, so I thought it was time. Tonight went even better. It took less time than last night. I sat by the toddler bed knitting so she could not get up, and out she went. YES! I am hoping to knit her some baby legs. I got the idea for those from this post on another blog that I follow. Wonderful idea to use them for potty training! Elyana like to try so I'm hoping to do it this fall/winter, and with the babylegs in place of pants at home, hopefully it will work!
Michael is army crawling all over now! He just started scooting everywhere this week, and nothing is safe! He uses his elbows, and get up on his knees to push himself forward. He loves to get around that's for sure. He is still sleeping well.

Gabe is getting big, and really using his imagination! He told me on the way out of Walmart the other day (it was quicker than driving to Target since it was right on the way) that I could go get the car, and him and Gini would stay with the babies and wait for me, and when I got back with the car then they would get in. I said I don' t think so, but thank you for offering! hee hee

Gini is Gini. She is no longer napping, unless she is very very tired, and is having less meltdowns. When she does, she goes in her room, until she comes out without whining (unless she hasn't eaten then I give her something to get her sugar levels up). It is working well, and I started using my timer, and when they are not obeying, they have to sit by the wall for 3 minutes. Then they can get up, we talk about it, and they have to apologize. We're getting somewhere! There is light at the end of the tunnel. God truly gives you wisdom when you ask for it, you just have to use it!! This is a great article on wisdom. Very short, but deep. Just scroll to the third page.

Well, I have a few pictures to post as well, but won't be able to do it tonight, as I have sewing to do! I'll try to get some of them up tomorrow, and give some more details about the MckPicnic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers