Thursday, July 23, 2009

Food


We've been very busy around the house, trying to get laundry finished, and make tortillas and cookies, for our trip to Michigan. I wanted to have a lot of tortillas so that we could use them for our wraps while we are moving and such. So, I made a huge batch, and got about 60 tortillas.
Now, they are in the freezer! They don't take any time at all to thaw out.
Anyway, as you can see, I am trying to teach our little ones responsibility, how to be a good worker/helper (they're good helpers anyway), and to do it with a good attitude, so that as they get older, they can also help others ,and when they are grown and on their own, they will know how to take care of themselves if they have to! Also, they are happier helping then when they are on their own playing all the time!

Elyana is very upset that she cannot have the plunger to walk around the house with.


Usually the children argue over who does what! So, they now just do it together. I sort the laundry , or sometimes Gabe does, I put in the water and detergent, and they put the clothes in. Then, when the clothes are done in the wash, I take them out and put them into a basket, and they put them in the dryer while I get the washer ready again.

The floors also needed a good wash, even though we do mop, I thought it would be good to do a really good job since we would be leaving, and people will be coming in to look at the home as a possible rental option.






Enjoying the tortillas that I just made! The children wanted ham rolls right away!
going into the freezer.
This bread is a whole wheat soda bread I wanted to try, as it has no yeast, and only about 2 tbsp of honey, which could be cut in half.


Yummy, breakfast, with goggles!


Elyana enjoying breakfast, and Gabe enjoying breakfast while wearing his new swim goggles.

These are my oatmeal cookies that I love, and I had some blue berries and raspberries to use up, so I threw those in also!

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 c butter
1 1/2 c brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
6 c oats
1/2 c applesauce
1/2 c honey
about 1 1/2 handfuls of ground flax seed meal.


I added about 1/2 -3/4 cup of flour to this. I found this recipe online, and then changed a few things. I added the applesauce and honey and took that cup of sweetener from the brown sugar. . I also added cinnamon, and chocolate chips. The cookies are very very soft and chewy, which is how I love them. If you try it, I hope you enjoy it!
The raspberries went great with the chocolate chips.




This is Gabe and Virginia, enjoying MckMama's Sour Cream and Spinach Pancakes, with blueberries added, and blueberry cream cheese!!! Very yummy!

Sooo...This week has been extremely busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers